Injector Driver Module

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Tue Aug 11 08:58:40 GMT 1998

> Orin,  According to  Haynes techbook, fuel injection 1986-1996 (10220) "The
> duty cycle is the ratio of injector on- time to total on-and- off time. In
> other words, it's a variable % of one complete injector operating cycle" .

Isn't that what I said?

> know what rpm and what pulse width the on-off times will be. I still believe
> the switching transistors voltage drop (Vsat)  Frequency of operation  and
> current through the transistor will give you the heat that needs to be heat
> sinked.

No doubt about it without using PWM... which then has the EFI problems.
Once you get to the 'use an inductor internal to the unit' ideas,
you are getting close to making a switch mode power supply... you
might consider making one to generate a voltage which would minimise
the dissipation in the transistor.

Orin.