Welcome to diy_efi

Phil Payne efi at isham-research.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 11 09:18:18 GMT 1998

In message <199808102056.QAA22614 at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu> Majordomo at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu writes:

Thank you, majordomo.

> Charter:
>      This mailing-list is *strictly* dedicated to the discussion
> of topics related to EFI design and modification. I would like
> to see discussion on control algorithms, hardware, electronics,
> and sensor/sensor-interface designs. Additionally, modification
> and adaptations of OEM ECU's would also be welcomed.

Not quite why I've joined, but I hope it's legitimate.

Hi.

I'm principally interested in the CIS systems fitted to the Audi turbos
(MC-1/MB/1B/MC-2 engines) controlled by MAC11/12/14 ECUs - and most
particularly in their behaviour at extended vehicle life - when the
grounds have got bad, the knock sensor is even noisier than knock
sensors usually are (!), etc.    175k+ miles.

I.e., when just about everything is getting close to out of spec.

I'm also interested (a corollary) in the performance of worn metering
heads, system pressure control valves, frequency valves, etc.

And to complete the joining - I saw (but have deleted) a post about
a VW engine running better with a spark gap?    Is this a case of
non-resistive plug caps having been fitted where VW specifies a 5
kohm resistance in the cap?

Looking forward to it.

--
Phil Payne