Info on '95 GM TBI

Matt Bossard mbossard at bigfoot.com
Tue Aug 18 00:39:10 GMT 1998

I am in the initial stages of gathering information about a '95 GM TBI
system from a GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 truck.   I bought the entire powertrain
(engine/trans/transfer case) with the complete computer and wiring
harness.  The motor is a 350, and the transmission is an
electronically-controlled 4L80E 4-spd automatic.  I would like to adapt
this TBI system to a Cadillac 500 motor, and use the electronically
controlled 4-spd automatic as well.   The mechanical adaptation is not
an issue.   I expect that I will have to use a larger throttle body
(possibly a big-block Chevy unit).   Perhaps I should just use the
computer from a big-block 454 as well.   However, I would like to find
some information on the function of this system, the components, how to
reprogram the tuning, etc.

I have searched through the archives for information, but I have not
found anything for '95 GM systems.  Actually, I have not been able to
find much of anything for the newer systems.  Has anyone on the list had
any experience with this year of system?   What type of ECM is used?
Did much change from the earlier systems?

Thank you
Matt Bossard

'65 Suburban 3/4-ton 4x4
'56 Chevy p/u