Benching ecms

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Aug 23 22:00:19 GMT 1998

While some of those really well versed in reading code, have
another way to go, for the rest of us mortals, ya need a bench.
Seeing the stuff work is amazing.
  Once you get some numbers about how some of the stuff triggers
that will help your search.
  I've just now gotten an O2v signal, and while from from perfect it
puts the ecm into closed loop.
  I used a 4017 running off a injector control terminal.  Then divided by
5.  Then split the voltage drop off a LED that fires off a opto
isolator,  the dividing resistors are 10K.  So the ecm sees one
O2 (.9v) pulse every tenth ignition pulse.
  Needs to go to a 555 or something for a signal shaping.
Anyway, that's today's news
Cheers
Bruce      ISP changed modems 4 days ago, and for some reason
                it changes a FFF on the 747 bin to 00, try finding that.....
                Staff wants to go back to work on the CDI project,  I think
                they want some electro shock therapy