Resend:Truck Rear Ends

andy quaas realsquash at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 20:27:42 GMT 1998

They have been using the 14-bolt GM corporate rear-axle since like
1972 or so.  It came in 3 versions that i know of... a 9.5" semi-float
(no hub protruding from center of wheel), a 10.5" full-float (11"
drums), and a 10.5" full-float (13" drums).  They used the
full-floater in most 3/4 tons from 73 to 80.  They then started using
the semi-floater in the lighter 3/4 tons.  Now they use this
semi-float in anything from a light 3/4 ton to a 1-ton.  You just have
to look at what you find.  If its fro mthe 70s, its prolly the
full-floater.  If 85+, you'll just have to look.  There is also a
version of the 14-bolt semi-floater that has a new 1/2 ton, 6-lug bolt
pattern.  If you have any questions, jsut ask.

Andy Q