Resend:Truck Rear Ends

David J Kennedy dkennedy at student.umass.edu
Sun Dec 6 21:07:25 GMT 1998

On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Jon wrote:

> [...]

GM, Dodge, and Ford all use full floating axles in their 1-ton (and more)
rated
trucks. You can also find 3/4 ton HD trucks that will use a full floating
axle as well. GM uses a "Corprate 14-bolt" with a 10.5" ring gear.
Dodge uses Dana 60, Dana 70, and Dana 80 rear axles, and Ford uses their
own 10.25" ring gear "Sterling Axle" or the Dana 80.

All above axles are full floating types, with the exception that GM
also has a
Semi-floating version of the  14-bolt with a 9.5" ring gear, and you can
find Dana 60 that are also semi-floating as well.

David Kennedy