newby

BAXTER, Peter pab at ansto.gov.au
Thu Dec 10 22:45:23 GMT 1998

Hi
I have just subscribed to this list to learn all I can about fuel
injection/electronics/sensors etc. As I live in Sydney I am really
pleased to see all the work being put into the Aussie 808. At least I
will be able to get the hardware to work with as I learn.
I am interested in developing an efi system for my performance VW
beetle. In the mean time I am building a multi discharge cdi ignition
system utilising knock sensor timing control.
I will be running carburettors (am I allowed to use that word on this
list?:-) but would like to install an exhaust sensor to monitor A/F
mixture. I will be running on leaded petrol so I would appreciate any
input on what I can use/make. What would be the expected life of a
normal lambda sensor using leaded fuel and would a heated one be better
than a non-heated?
I realise that this is really 'basic stuff' compared to most of the
correspondence on this list but you have to start somewhere. I look
forward to swapping info and experiences on the real thing in the
future.
Regards
Peter Baxter
pab at ansto.gov.au <mailto:Pab at ansto.gov.au>