pc efi

Mike Pilkenton mpilkent at ptw.com
Tue Dec 15 05:41:32 GMT 1998

I was looking at the projects list on the web site and noticed the pc-based
efi project was from 1994.  Has anyone pursued updating this approach or is
everyone going with the efi332 project.   Recently on another performance
car list, there was talk about using a pc board (the one mentioned was a
complete 486/33 Mhz self contained board with I/O and everything for about
$100) to run diagnostic routines on the cars.  I think one of the latest
boards could potentially run the entire EFI, provide diagnostic outputs to
the driver, run a digital dashboard, and even run an small LCD monitor (once
these become cheaper to obtain).  Thoughts?  Anyone know anything more about
these self contained pc boards?

Mike Pilkenton