Boiler Compound

Robert Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Wed Dec 16 14:52:18 GMT 1998

Surfing around the internet I ran into this very interesting compound - made
by Olin - called Scav-Ox.   Seems its non flammable so it should be readily
available without exotic handling ( no nitrogen blanket, electro-static
grounding, special fire handling permits storage etc).  Since its an
expendable used to scavenge oxygen from running boilers, disposal permits not
needed.  Nice clean alternative market for this special material.  Shouldn't
alert either the DEA or the FBI to the fact you purchased ( aquired ) this
stuff.

There is a whole special area of fuels dealing with ignition enhancers,
substances that blended with power fuels, reduce the induction period and
allow significantly less advance to be used.  Propolyene Oxide is a good
example.  Power will increase when blended with gasoline up to about 10%,
after which, no further increase will result in power increases.   A little
more can be used with methanol and nitromethane.  Formaldehyde - up to 5% can
be blended with methanol and have the same effect.

Anyway, Scav-Ox should have a similar effect on methanol or gasoline.  Either
case would have to blend with acetone first and then with fuel as its only 35%
compound and 65% water.  Great spiker for water/alcohol injection.

Interesting discovery ( for me ).  Products like Scav-Ox which contains NH2 do
not like H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) or NO2 ( Nitro Methane, propane , benzene )
much.   Guess that's ok cause Scav-Ox  ( Probably from Scavenge Oxygen - a bad
chemical in boilers ) should make lots of power by itself if used as an
additive.

H           H
   \       /
    N - N         or more conventionally   N2H4 active ingredient 35%
  /       \
H         H

or for the chemically challenged ( like myself )

Hydrazine Monohydrate  N2H4-H2O

So now that I have a source for "Cheap" power, does anyone have a source for
information on the use of this as a fuel blending agent.  Finally running to
rest the mythical university of utah nitromethane study, am now interested in
more data on this mythical substance.

Thinking is that blending with alcohol ( miscible ) and drying out with
acetone ( miscible - extreme affinity for water ) would turn this into the
ultimate kickapoo joy juice - without all the hassles of pure hydrazine.

Would use a separate injection system to just add joy juice under heavy power
demand.

Have the bureau of mines flammability study - now looking for fuel studies of
this substance.

Yes I am aware that purified this substance is highly flammable, a high energy
rocket mono propellent etc yada yada yada.   Yet denatured, its no more MSDS
dangerous than methanol or nitromethane and it does not need special storage.

Yes I have heard the legends of parts flying thru the stands etc.

All I am looking for is about a 100 to 150 hp boost on a V-8 in a vehicle that
has no room left over for NOS bottle.   Or maybe, a high energy street
cheater.  A small amount should go a long way - now looking for data.

Thanks.  Insanity does run in the family

The Luddites were RIGHT!!

Habaneros - not just for breakfast anymore