water injection and then some (long!)

Barry E. King beking at home.com
Sat Dec 19 14:35:50 GMT 1998

Chris,

That last message was chock full of good information.

One point of contention however regarding the source of power from water
injection.  I do not dispute what you state.  However, my understanding was
that the inlet cooler charge allowed more fuel to enter the chamber which
both keeps power high and reduces the possibility of detonation versus the
situation where the inlet charge is hot and less able to hold atomized fuel.

In other words, I have always been led to believe that there are several
things going on with water injection that ultimately benefit combustion.

Regards,

Barry