Min. injector off time

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Tue Feb 3 17:57:16 GMT 1998

bruce plecan wrote:

> Please someone help me on this.
> "They" say not to run the injectors over 85% PWM,
> on time.  OK, from what I've read the lag time from
> V on till injector open can range from .0012 sec
> Peak+Hold to .0018 sec for Saturated.  Right?
> But when they say 85% if the injector was on for
> 85 days, and off for 15, then that would be a 85%
> on time, but the injector might be crispy by then.
> So what is a min. off time that would allow an
> injector to "relax"+"cool-off" enough??..
>   If there is this .0018 reaction time, would then
> a .002 sec. be considered a min. off time?????..
> If not what would be????.
>   Would be above be a new consideration for
> a high rpm motor for injector sizing????...
>   TIA  Bruce
The 85% duty cycle is specified at Max output engine speeds, as provided
in OEM application. On a batch fired system at 6000 rpm, that is 1500
pulses per minute. On a sequential it is 3000 pulses per minute. At
idle, the batch fire will run 300 ppm at 600rpm idle, but then the duty
cycle will be considerably lower.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!