Min. injector off time

Ward Williamson ward360 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 05:55:57 GMT 1998

  Good, but let me add some stuff here.
In an automotive App. don't be concerned about 90+% duty cycle at peak
rpm.  How long do you spend there?  And if it's long enough to Hurt to
Inj. driver or the Inj. I don't want to be with you.   When your
dealing with marine or aircraft app's start worrying about it, because
they tend to run at WOT for long periods of time.  The problems with
to large of injectors is you loose fuel control at idle.  Say time to
full open on a peak and hold is about 1.2 ms and your 35 lbs/hr
injectors work bitchen at 8000 rpm or so but at idle you only need 1.0
ms on time you'll loose all the consistency your trying to gain with
fuel injection.
You'd be better off going with a higher fuel pressure and a smaller
injector.
  Another trick is to run peak and hold driver's with a saturated
switch injector,  It'll open real quick and want hurt anything.
  Gotta go!
Ward