Accel DFI Calmap Maps for Olds 455 or Chevy 454 wanted

Ward Williamson ward360 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 09:14:55 GMT 1998

   Calmap 6.32's Base map generator is under utillities then choose
Inj. sizing and follow it through And the last question it will ask is
"do you want to generate a base fuel map now?"
   Remember be honest on a guess for HP at RPM and Torque at RPM,  It's easy
to guess a little high.  If all your number are right it will build a
pretty close map.
  The Info needed is Inj. size, Fuel Press. HP at RPM, Torque at RPM.  I
think thats it, it's been awhile.

Ward

---Zachary Zehnacker <zzehnack at stevens-tech.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Feb 1998 rbraun at mail.enter.net wrote:
>
> > Can't help you out with a map, but, if you have the size (lb/hr) of
> > the injectors in the TB you're using take the stock 350 map and in
> > off-line edit mode multiply by the conversion factor to use your
> > injectors.
> >
> > (22lb/hr X 8 ) divided by (your inj X 4 ) X 100 = % conversion
factor

> > Everyone, does that look right, It's been awhile since I did this.
> >
> > If you have Calmap V6.2 there's a utility to create a map based on
> > motor and injector info.
> >
> > Randy Braun     rbraun at enter.net
> > 91  GTA
> > 82 Firebird
> >
> Randy,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  We have Calmap version 6.32.  We have played
around
> with it a little, but have not seen the utility you mention that
creates
> the map.  I will look for it tonight.  The Calmap program allows
switching
> the mode from port to TBI which appears from the description in the
manual
> to double the amount of injector fires.  Is my understanding of this
> option correct?  The throttle body has 36 lb injectors.  If these are
> firing at twice the rate that the port injectors would, does it sound
> right that I would have to actually reduce the pulse-width from the
TPI