In-tank fuel pumps

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Wed Feb 11 18:12:42 GMT 1998

Squash wrote:

> Does anybody know of an in-tank type of fuel pump that equals or
> surpasses 15 PSI @ 410 lb/hour?  How much does a pump from a 1992 454
> TBI chevy truck flow?  Thanks!
> --
> Andy Quaas

I had the parts man sell me the stock in-tank pump for the 454SS truck.
Then I had him look up the part numbers for the 350, 305, 4.3 engines.
Would you care to quess?  They all used the same part number.  I hope
the 4.3 has a big return line in it.

Al wrote:

  Summit advertises pumps from Granatelli and maybe Paxton that put
  out about 80 gal/hr or 480 lbs/hr - good for 1500 hp. I have a
  similar one from Essex, which Summit used to sell. They all
  look the same and can be used in or out of tank (at least the
  Essex can).

I have a friend who worked for Cummin's and now works for Detroit
Diesel.  He has told me that only one or two manufacures exist for the
components they don't make themselves.  I would bet there are only two,
maybe three manufactures of the high volume pumps.  So, the Granatelli,
Edelbrock, Summit, Essex, etc. pumps are more than likely manufactured
by the same company with different stickers on them.

Joe Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban