Dwell and HEI's

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Sat Feb 21 07:48:22 GMT 1998

bruce plecan wrote:

> Me thinks I might be able to shed a glimmer of light on something.
> After looking reading this thread, the coil is "on" for a time
> determined by a R/C timer, so the dwell looks to change as the
> rpm do, well ya, but the coil on time is the same it the matter of
> how many crank shaft degrees occur during this time that gives
> the illusion that something has changed.
> Bruce   Murphys law may have started in 1949, with a rocket
>             sled pilot, who made a run only to find out all the
>             sensors were hooked up backward,  Geeeeez

  Makes sense, never thought of it like that.
Old stock car racer friend has a dual point, dual coil distributor.
The points cam has 4 very round lobes, and each coil has it's own set
of points.  They alternate cylinders in the firing order.  Think he
called it a "flame thrower".

One of Murphey's laws of mechanics:  Anything dropped on the floor
will roll the the geometric center of the closest vehicle.

Shannen