'90 Cutlass Supreme 3100 PFI

mccabet at mediaone.net mccabet at mediaone.net
Wed Feb 25 05:57:13 GMT 1998

I need some help diagnosing a problem with a '90 Cutlass Supreme with
the 3100 PFi engine.  The scenerio goes like this:

Engine starts and runs when cold.  It will re-start as long as you don't
let it sit for a few minutes.

Once it has sat, the engine will start and then promptly die.
Depressing Gas pedal makes it worse (Dies quicker).

Checked fuel pressure - 42PSI Key On Engine Running, 44 Key On Engine
Off.

Scantool shows no error codes in system.

TPS checks good with no fluctuations noted.

I know chrysler systems better than any other so I am lost on this one.
A shop claimed the injectors was bad a quoted $1200 to fix.  I don't
think it is injector related since the engine will start and run when
cold.  By The Way, the engine will keep running and will even restart as
long as you don't let it sit.

Any help appreciated.

Thank You!
--
Thomas McCabe
-mccabet at mediaone.net
'80 Cordoba, 340, Auto (904) w/ shift kit & 6500 Rpm shift points, 3.23
SG
'83 Cordoba, 318, Auto
'85 D250, 340, Auto
'87 Lebaron, 2.2L Turbo I, Auto
'89 Lebaron GTC, 2.2L Turbo II, A-555 5 Speed, MPSBEC
'96 Dakota SLT Club Cab, Brilliant Blue, 5.2L, Auto, 3.55 SG,
    Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust, ARE A-234 15x7 rims w/ Dunlop GT Qualifiers
    255R60-15, Molded running boards and flares, Lund bug shield, Cool
    Fronts, Ventvisors, and Extang Saber Tonno cover.