Hi everybody., new to this group ! *** THANKS !!!! ***

Will Honea whonea at codenet.net
Tue Jan 27 06:26:18 GMT 1998

** Reply to note from xxalexx at ix.netcom.com Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:59:37 +0000
> How about the dallas 40 MHz 8051?. I use PICS with RISC architecture 5 MIPS at 20MHz. with 25 mA
> high voltage ports. Development systems are the lowest cost.

Still a PITA to program, especially if subsatntial computation is involved.  It's also not my favorite part to
design into hardware - too many 'special' features.  As for Dallas, my only real experience with them was
that they were always priced out of the product by virtually everyone else.  As a practice, I try to use
whichever processor best fits the task at hand since each has it's own strong points - as long as there is a
viable second source.

Will Honea
whonea at codenet.net