72 Stang to EFI conversion

Tim Raymond tcraymond at email.msn.com
Wed Jan 28 00:51:06 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Frederic Breitwieser <frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>;
diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 1998 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: 72 Stang to EFI conversion

>>This may be a stupid question, as I am not too familiar with it, but what
>>about efi332 or any of the other diy ecu's?
>
>Howdy,
>
>By all means, the more involved the better... but from what I gathered from
>their website - the number of completed units, tested, running, and fully
>operational are in the lower numbers at this point.  If I'm wrong, great,
>that would be super.  However, there is a major difference between
>soldering your own system together, and having those testing issues to deal
>with, versus spending $1500 and bolting something on, and turning the key
>and hearing the roar.
>
>Just an opinion :)
>

>Frederic Breitwieser
>Bridgeport, CT 06606
>http://www.xephic.dynip.com/
>
>1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
>1989 4-Door Softtop Humvee (Hummer)
>2000 Buick GTP (Mid-engine track car)

big difference is I have a lot of time and not so much of the money.
Besides, that's all of the fun stuff. It ain't fun until you get pissed off
at it once or twice. But seriously, if anybody has any info on a diy ecu I
would appreciate it. I have checked out the efi332 site but there aren't
many details and it's kind of hard to fill in the holes in the archives
between messages. It would be nice if they had one downloadable zip with all
of the info. That's really the only I've found so far though. Well, thanks
for the help.