Briggs&Stratton Injection

Ccskidmore Ccskidmore at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 02:31:58 GMT 1998

To the collective:

I am gearing up to put together a small analog control system on a Briggs &
Stratton
5 HP engine with a generator.  The scope is a fuel injector using speed as
feedback(1800rpm)  as well as an O2 sensor to trim for emissions and fuel
consumption.  I have examined the archives, and found small bits of
information on past projects but no definitive proven results.
     Especially to those of you who have experimented with these small
engines, I would appreciate any guidance and suggestions; especially
information on particular physical setups; injectors, size, part numbers,
pulse width, driving circuit (LM1949?).  Also experiences with EGO sensors
(probably need to be heated?) or alternatives for emission feedback. Also
thoughts on rpm feedback...inductive, frequency, external(package bought from
NEWARK or somebody)????

Thank you for responses,
ccskidmore