IR6210 data sheets

Walter Petermann corsaro at brokersys.com
Thu Jul 9 20:42:47 GMT 1998

Hi group,
I was having trouble finding info on this driver from the IR web site.
They sent me this web address:

http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/dscic.htm

Turns out the part was not quite was I was looking for (5A High side
switch with PWM current control).

What I was looking for was a low side switch to drive a single, 2.5 ohm
injector. Slam it with 12v then use PWM to hold the current at about
1~1.5A. (hint hint..). I know that Motorola has some peak and hold
devices specifically to drive injectors (MC3484S2-2 and S4-2), but they
generate too much heat (they don't use PWM to limit the current).

 Walter