Motronic 1.0. Volumetric meter-air mass meter conversion

Luquette at aol.com Luquette at aol.com
Fri Jul 31 03:37:01 GMT 1998

Does anyone have experience/information on doing an air mass meter retro fit
on a Motronic 1.0 system?  The car is a 1985 BMW 745 with the clunky flapper
plate style volumetric meter.  I'm doing some upgrades and want to try to get
more accurate air flow readings.
Also, I spoke to Jim C about the ECU in this car some time ago.  Is he still
on this Digest?  I still have those Motronic papers from SAE.
THe M1.0 system in this car is different from the system in the regular BMWs
of the same time.  The 745i was a factory turbo car (3.5L I-6 with K-27 turbo)
and had a couple extra chips on the board and for this fact, I was told it
would be close to impossible to decode.  Any changes?

Christopher M Luquette
1985 BMW 745i
Las Vegas