Installing FI on a old car.

Walter Petermann corsaro at brokersys.com
Sun Jun 21 05:37:05 GMT 1998

mattz at pond.com wrote:

> Hello all once again..
> was thinking of rebuilding a old vw and installing a more modern fuel
> injection system in it. It would be in a old type3 (the one with the old
> d-jetronic)
> (I know I am simplifying this) but would the I have to modify the
> computer?(etc)
> Recommendations as to where start?

Didn't the last VW bugs have an L-jet system? You probably
will not need to change any of the fuel lines from the
D-jet. The D-jet even had an adjustable regulator. You
might be able to get away with tweeking the pressure
regulator and the new air flow meter.

Sounds like you biggest hurdle is lack of confidence
from this being your first try.

Good luck,
  Walter

PS Did you know that the D-jet map sensor is adjustable?
There is a hex screw behind the black cap. You might not
have to replace the FI system at all, unless you really
want to of course.