Stamp EFI

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Sat Jun 27 02:50:08 GMT 1998

Looks pretty simple, some comments, by no mean anything other then some
general idea (2Cents)

One, get one of the standard 8 bit A/D serial converters. Use that for the
Temp, TPS and MAP.  A four bit converter will only have limited resolution,
the 8 bit are a dime a dozzen for the pic, and lots of sample software to
drive them. You can easily get the rate of change in software, not too
hard, so forget the hardware approach, KISS. Lastly the LM1949 can drive a
low cost transistor TIP121, etc, no need for the mosfet, and they typically
don't like the low voltage that could occur while cranking the engin over.
You could get a logic level FET but even some of them are so-so at <
5volts. Check out some of the smart power drivers, ie, IRF6210, built in
charge pump, protected, and can be driven by most any logic level. Unless
you are using Peak and Hold style injectors, no real need for the lm1949,
just get something that can handle a couple of amps and you are good to go.

Sandy