Twin injector system?

Barrett Flowers vette at disknet.com
Sun Jun 28 05:01:24 GMT 1998

Something I have been wondering about for quite a while and maybe
someone can shed some light on this for me. Is there a system that uses
twin injectors? Say something like 2 15# or a 20#and 30# injectors?
My idea is a fairly simple one, the smaller injector is only used at
idle and part throttle, as rpm's increase the second injector takes over
from the first, and at WOT both injectors kick in. Seems this approach
wouldmeet most all the needs of a daily driver/weekend racer. If I
remember right at 6000rpm there is ony two 6ms times for the injector to
respond, and that is not much when performance is on the line. I do know
that there is at least one system out that uses three extra injectors in
the plenum to add extra fuel, but I thought it might just be simpler to
drilla few holes in the fuel rail and intake and add a second set.
I know this is doable, but it is pratical as well as economical?
Would someone be willing to build a system like this so I can test it on
my supercharged 600HP Corvette?
An alternative to this is that the second set of injectors inject
alcohol into the system, this should help reduce knock, make the engine
run cooler and give added power, but will alcohol and gas mix well
enough and work together with such a system?
Food for thought...<smiles>
I'm all ears...

     -Barrett
vette at disknet.com
     1989 Carroll/S.C.A.R. Performance Corvette
     Paxton S/C, Borla, FX-3/z51/HD Springs, Exorbitant engine mods.
     PBM Racing heads, PBM custom cam, valves, springs, retainers, etc.
     1984 S.C.A.R. Performance Corvette- Mod Engine, leather, TCI 700-R4
     ICQ contact # 6317092   Owner: SCAR PERFORMANCE
     WebPage: http://members.tripod.com/~Barrett_VETTE/index.html
     Don't Forget To WAVE! I am.....
     Southern Indiana, near Louisville, KY
     Member: Ohio Valley Vette Assoc. New Albany, IN