Drivers

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Sun Jun 28 05:36:32 GMT 1998

At 03:23 PM 6/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
>OK, if I got this right for a group of four 18 ohm saturated injectors,
>I want to run a IRF 6210, then?.

The 6210 for 4 injectors might be alot, given heat, variation on injector
impeadance, batter voltage, etc. If you want to run off all one driver,
check the other parts that have > current capability, but hey, give it a
try. One thing that I'm not so sure about is the kick back zener size.
normally a 5 watt part will work for 1 injector, but 4 running in parallel
might be a problem. In the haltech they drive all injectors with an
individual driver, even though they are still running in batch mode. Get 4
parts, your better off. One other thing, and check the IR data sheets, the
6210 current limit mode is done PWM style, which might cause some problems
if for example on injector gets shorted and the  driver goes in current
limit, might just make for a fine transmitting antenna and mess up some
things. HMM, I better look and see why I'm using the 6210 instead of the
6216 which does not use the PWM mode of current limit.  Both are
interchangable in anycase. Check the data sheets, my mind has been bent for
the last few days!

>This will also drive an ignition coil?.
NO, these will not work for that.

>The P+H are just for P+H injectors?...
No, typically you can use the Peak and Hold style drivers to work with
saturated style, the reverse in not true, read smoke and lots of  $$ to
replace the injectors and drivers.

>Just wanna get it right,

No problem.

Sandy