Death on sudden opening of throttle

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 29 11:33:09 GMT 1998

Tony Bryant wrote:

> I've finally rebuilt my intake system (welded up from steel exhaust
> tubing), but I've got the following problem:
>
> When the throttle is mashed at lowish RPMs i.e. <2000RPM
> the engine dies for about 1/2 - 1 second, before getting its
> act together and then pulling strongly.

Doesn't sound like a fuel problem to me either, it sounds like a air
velocity problem. Depending on how long your intake runners are and what
the cross sections is you might have the old "small block chevy with a
tunnel ram that's too big" scenario.  that's exactly what my tunnel ram
did, if would fall on its ass till about 2000 rpm then take off like a
rocket, I changed to a torker II and the problem went away, not fact
just opinion, Jason

--
Jason Weir - 88 YJ - 258 / Howell TBI  145K and counting
Fayetteville, North Carolina
mailto:jweir at worldnet.att.net