Twin injector system?

Adrian Teo adrian.teo at asu.edu
Mon Jun 29 17:28:19 GMT 1998

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 goflo at pacbell.net wrote:

> frederic.breitwieser wrote:
>
> > The "ultimate" solution, one that I and a friend applied for a patent on
> > (expensive process, but worth it), is to vary the timing relationship of the
> > Cam/Crank across the RPM band.  By adjusting the cam for low-RPM the engine

[snip]

I hate to burst your bubble but these schemes have already been
implemented in a ton of everyday applications.

Add to the list below:
-Nissan VVT-i
-Porsche's VarioCam
-...and of course Honda's VTEC.

Some of these shcemes (Nissan's VVT and Honda's VTEC) switch to a
(sometime two or more) completely different cam profiles.

...so since you guys already went out and patented your idea, can you
share some the details with us?

> Could you elaborate? There are many schemes to do this in use. Toyota,
> for
> instance, advances/retards the ex cam in some two-cam models. Alfa has
> a number of variants on this theme. There are others. Was involved in an
> attempt to do this with VW air-cooled many years ago - Believe the idea
> was sound, but we were'nt up to the fab at the time.

-AT

Adrian Teo                               e-mail: adrian.teo at asu.edu
System Administator                              falconer at falcon.asu.edu
Instruction Support Lab, Arizona State University
Ph: 602.965.6739                         http://falcon.asu.edu/hybrid
Fx: 602.965.2724     Pg:602.204.1831     e-page: adrian at falcon.asu.edu