J1962

Alexander Wenning wenning.motorsport at t-online.de
Tue Mar 3 09:29:26 GMT 1998

Shannen Durphey schrieb:

>  Got the somewhat helpful gm training manual for OBDII right here.  Codes
> consist of a letter and 4 digit #.
>
> Letters are:
> P = Powertrain
> C = Chassis
> B = Body
> U= Network(??).
>
> First digit:
> 0=Generic code (SAE)
> 1= manufacturer specific.
>
> Next digit:
> 1=fuel and air metering
> 2=fuel and air metering(injector circuit malfunctions only)
> 3= ignition system or misfire
> 4= auxillary emission controls
> 5= vehicle speed and idle speed control systems
> 6=computer output circuit
> 7=trans
> 8=trans

Thank you for your help. I´ve been looking at Superchips´ program that reprograms the Opel
Vectra´s ECU. There are some strange codes stored:

	4, &h81, &h11, &hF1, &h35 `Req.Upload

or	5, &h93, &h11, &hF1, &h3B ´Write VIN into ECU.

Has this to do with the codes you explained above?

to anybody:
I´m looking for a datalogger which enables me to record the data transmitted between car and
OBD2-tool in order to modify the ingnition and injection maps and play it back again to the
ECU.

Regards

Alex.