Some VSS info&questions

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Mar 4 21:26:16 GMT 1998

Man what a bucket of worms, this T56 deal is.
  To use a mechanical speedo the only things I can find to go from a
T56 to mech speedo is remachining the extension housing, or
using the JTR adapter than uses the reluctor as a sensor, and then
converts that to a PWM signal for a motor to run a speedo cable.
  To use the electrical speedo I'd suggest just using what a 93-97
F-body does, and for all I know it might be inna PCM/ECM..  There
would seemingly be a way to calibrate it, but it's nothing I have info on..
  Last choice, and cheapest is designing your own black box, using
the OEM sensor/reluctor,  then a freguency to voltage converter, and
finally have an air core meter driver, then ya can do whatever games ya need
to get the calibration right.  Better lighting shows a 11 tooth
reluctor, and the 40 doesn't fit.
  JTR makes a 40 tooth reluctor, and then ya could use a DRAC
(I think) to drive the F-body speedo.....
  Geeeeeesssz
HTH Bruce  Some ME/EEs deserve honorary life time memberships
                     to wear Cone Shaped Hats on this deal............IMHO