Propane power with Holley Pro-Jection 4Di

mccabet at mediaone.net mccabet at mediaone.net
Sat Mar 14 06:00:17 GMT 1998

Raymond C Drouillard wrote:

> Does anyone make a fuel injecter that'll inject a gas (Propane or natural
> gas)?  How about a valve that is controlled by the same type of a PWM
> signal?
>
> Does anyone know of any sites or suppliers that could get me more info?
>
> I want to use my Holley Pro-Jection 4Di system to inject gaseous fuels so
> that I can have a multifuel setup.

Ray,
	It is difficult to use an injector to inject a gaseous fuel like
propane.  The primary problems I know of are the operating pressures of
LPG, injector freeze up if injecting liquid, and injector damage when
injecting the vapor.
	A dual fuel setup is easier to implement using a propane mixer with
your projection.  You can still use the injection system, but you will
have to disable the injector(s).  There are several manufacturers that
sell kits designed to work on EFI.  If interested, I can provide a few
contacts.

L8r

--
Thomas McCabe
-mccabet at mediaone.net
'80 Cordoba, 340, Auto (904) w/ shift kit & 6500 Rpm shift points, 3.23
SG
'83 Cordoba, 318, Auto
'85 D250, 340, Auto
'87 Lebaron, 2.2L Turbo I, Auto
'89 Lebaron GTC, 2.2L Turbo II, A-555 5 Speed, MPSBEC
'96 Dakota SLT Club Cab, Brilliant Blue, 5.2L, Auto, 3.55 SG,
    Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust, ARE A-234 15x7 rims w/ Dunlop GT Qualifiers
    255R60-15, Molded running boards and flares, Lund bug shield, Cool
    Fronts, Ventvisors, and Extang Saber Tonno cover.