Crazy idea?

Bernie Jacobsen bcjac at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 19 23:26:08 GMT 1998

Hi everybody.   I just joined, have some FI experience, but I'm NOT an EE
(in other words, I'm easily lost in circuitry)

I have an '87 Bronco with the 300CI   6cyl, and  EFI  and poor fuel economy.
This is a batch fire system and I had an idea for a simple sequential
system.   what I'm wondering: does this make sense?

What I'm thinking is to use the existing injection electronics and take the
first injection pulse as my zero point. When the second pulse comes, measure
the time between pulses, divide by 6 (actually 6.5 or 7 to give room for
acceleration) and fire each injector between the second and third pulse,
etc.

I know there are problems with injector mis-timing due to acceleration /
deceleration, but it's got to be better than firing them all at once.

Any Ideas?

^Bernie