Wide Ratio O2

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Mon Mar 23 01:00:42 GMT 1998

Alain Toussaint wrote:

> > Edlebrock used to make one, but discontinued it. You might want to check
> > with Turbo City.
> > I would go with a CD ignition to improve your fuel mileage. Usually
> > advancing timing over stock will decrease not increase your fuel mileage.
>
> advancing timing decrease fuel mileage ??? i dont think so,usually,you
> advance timing when a mixture is leaned out because it is harder to
> spark,then with the leaning out,you have better mileage,even,i read about
> it in stock car magazine that if you put a vacuum advance unit,you
> increase fuel mileage (when compared to static timing).
>
> Alain Toussaint
>
> > If you want to run as much timing as possible on the flats and reduce the
> > timing on hills use a MSD adjustable timing unit. They make these for the
> > HEI, but I would replace the HEI module with a CD ignition and add on the
> > timing unit.
> >
> > Darrel

OVER advance, to the point of detonation will decrease mileage and
power. Advance up to that point can only increase efficiency. See my
earlier post.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!