GM tbi

JRE CPA JRECPA at aol.com
Mon Mar 23 03:10:03 GMT 1998

<<
 The unit is factory all the way . This solenoid mounts are cast into the
 main body and the linkage is a integral part of the unit which connects
 to the throttle plates. Any help would be appreciated .

 thanks
 Steve Gorkowski

 Shannen Durphey wrote:

 > Steven Gorkowski wrote:
 >
 > > I have a Rochester Products T.B.I. unit it has stamped DESIGN UNIT
 > and a
 > > number 17090003  next to a GM logo . It looks like a standard
 > throtle
 > > body but has a solinoid that when 12v is applyed the throtle plates
 > go
 > > to wide open. The unit had a tag that said it is for a 350 ci .Do
 > you
 > > have any information on these units?
 >
 >   Hmmm.  Curious description.  Does the solenoid look like it's
 > factory
 > installed?  Is this something someone might have modified?  Some of
 > the 454
 > units had a vacuum controlled throttle stop which would keep throttle
 > plates
 > from closing too quickly when shifting (manual trans).  Maybe solenoid
 > was
 > installed there?  Or maybe it's just an idle speed control which is
 > mis-adjusted?  Anyway, I'll take a look and see if that number is good
 > or
 > crosses over to something else tomorrow.
 >
 > Shannen

Have you ever giving the thought that this unit might be an outboard
unit for a 3x2 barrel replacement for carbs?

James