Water Injection Idea

Robert Humphris r.humphris at indigo-avs.com
Wed Mar 25 09:02:47 GMT 1998

I have thought about this idea myself.  by using a hollow shaft, and
putting it in the air stream out of the intercooler, drilling 4 or 5
holes in one side, place the holes away from the direction of air flow,
so that as air rushes over the shaft, the pressure drops on the trailing
edge ( where the holes are ) causing a pressure drop, which will 'pull'
the water out of the holes...  If pressure is needed, take a feed from
before the intercooler and feed it into the water container, there is
usually a sufficent pressure drop after the intercooler to provide a
pressure imbalance.

For the best atomisation you would be best served to use as high a
pressure as possible, and inject it back towards the turbo, so that it
hits the flow of air, and really gets emulsified...

Rob Humphris