Mileage with a Motor Home

Bernie Jacobsen bcjac at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 30 05:24:48 GMT 1998

>What transmission is in the motor home?

TH400  Rebuilt by Art Carr

>Can you add one of the overdrive units that goes after the transmission or
>on the rear axle?

4.10 on the rear.   I'm considering a Doug Nash (US Gear) OD unit for the
tranny tail section, .67 OD, I think.  I am also considering a "close spaced
torque converter" (less clearence between the blade sets... lower stall[?])

I am planning on using coated headers with 1.75" X 43" (!) primaries.  This
peaks my torque at about 1800 RPM.  With the OD,  that's about where my
hiway cruising speed should be.

^Bernie