MPG

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Tue May 5 09:50:49 GMT 1998

Not like that... You're CREATING energy there (either that or using the
batteries up in half the time).

Remember, P=EI
Power = Voltage times Current.

If your Voltage goes up, your current will go down for the same power. If
you double the power, you halve the life of the battery.

If you have a voltage conversion driver, and the voltage out is twice the
voltage in, then the current out is HALF the current in - same power, not
double. Nice try though. Also, if you don't believe me, I don't mind, but
don't try to argue about it (just a warning). In my first and second years
in my engineering degree, I was taught enough about electricity to know
better than that.