Boingers

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue May 5 13:41:39 GMT 1998

From: Robert Humphris <r.humphris at indigo-avs.com>
To: 'diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu' <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tuesday, May 05, 1998 5:24 AM
Subject: RE: Boingers

 It is quite simply the proper design for an
>engine.  Yea alright the design is flawed due to the problem with the
>seals wearing, but in this day and age with ceramic technology there
>must be a way to make this problem go away.  I have always wanted a car
engine that revs to 14,000 rpm with good efficiency.

Lets see rotor edge seals, corner seals, or waterseals.  With all the
money mazda has put into them, I still haven't heard of any cures.
They are fragile, IMHO.  If overheated their done.  Great HP per
weight, and way more power per displacement, but huge slow
burning areas of the combustion chamber.  I always thought of
them as self consuming.  With the way they wear, nothing is left,
The rotor housing get eateen up, the case seperators, and then
knock the gears loose on the inside of the rotor, when ya work
em hard.  Fast and light while they last, again IMHO.
Bruce