Boingers

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Wed May 6 01:50:48 GMT 1998

Alain Toussaint wrote:

> here's my 1/50 of a buck,the thing hampering the durability of the wankel
> engine is the oil,oil made for regular engine will not burn efficiently,
> 4 stroke engine oil will leave carbon deposit on apex seal,the solution
> Road & Track magazine did to their racing (don't know what class do they
> race but it's not the quarter mile variety) is to put 2 stroke engine oil
> in their motor,it's been a while since i read the report but i think they
> said it did an amelioration of the durability of the motor,i think there
> was also an article in Kitplanes (not sure),they reported having seen
> carbon deposit in engine from 10 000 milles on up (even on heavily
> pampered engine),the solution for these motor if they wanted to last is
> that they would rely on 2 stroke engine oil.
>
> any though on this ??
>
> Alain Toussaint
>
> > I am amazed that someone who is obviously not stupid should bad mouth
> > the wankle rotary engine.. It is quite simply the proper design for an
> > engine.  Yea alright the design is flawed due to the problem with the
> > seals wearing, but in this day and age with ceramic technology there
> > must be a way to make this problem go away.  I have always wanted a car
> > engine that revs to 14,000 rpm with good efficiency.
> >
> > But thats my problem
> >
> > Rob Humphris
> >
> > >----------

I know a lot of endurance racers run 100:1 2 stroke gas/oil mixture in
their Mazdas for this very reason. The engines smoke a bit, but do not
wear out.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!