Digital Multimeter suggestion wanted

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Wed May 6 01:56:26 GMT 1998

Steven Gorkowski wrote:

> If you buy radio shack meter buy the extended warranty I bought the data
> logging one that hooks to the pc and it rides in a race car.
> meter $99.00
> 3 yr. $9.99
> David wrote:
>
> > The current Radio Shack sale flyer has two Digital Multimeters listed.
> >
> > The first is model 22-174ue for $ 69.99
> >
> > It features are True RMS.  Can be used to check temperature F or C.
> > True
> > RMS for accurate AC readings.  Measures frequencies up to 2MHz,
> > capacitance,
> > transistor gain, even shown NPN/PNP polarity and E-B-C pinout on
> > display.
> > Autoranging.  Includes temperature probe.
> >
> > The second model is $ 44.99 (after $ 5.00 coupon in flyer).  Model
> > 22-178ue.
> >
> > It features autoranging, continuous buzzer, 20 amp AC and DC ranges.
> > Diode
> > check.
> >
> > Both run on two AA batteries.
> >
> > I am not well versed on this stuff.  I believe you need a digital
> > multimeter
> > to measure a lot of the EFI stuff.
> >
> > Your thoughts and suggestions would be muchly appreciated.
> >
> > David
Forget the extended warranty - if it is going to fail it will likely
fail within warranty. Use the money you save on this warranty, double
it, and buy another meter. The warranties are a rip-off.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!