Calculating Fuel Econ. from pulse times and mph

Daniel Ciobota dciobota at hiwaay.net
Sat May 9 07:03:22 GMT 1998

I think I may have missed a few posts, so apologies if I repeat what's
already been said.  IMHO, using the A/F ratio and air meter values is
better than integrating injector duty cycles over time.  On my mustang,
the fuel pressure is controlled by engine vacuum (on my race car, by
boost as well), so, unless you've got your fuel pressure curve worked
out pretty well, your calculations may contain significant error.  Also,
I may be wrong but I believe the ford injectors are rated at 39psi, 100%
duty cycle (what is called the static point of the injector).

Daniel