Pressure Sensor for Flow Bench

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Mon May 11 16:52:24 GMT 1998

On Fri, 8 May 1998 21:00:11 +0000, bamcknig at postoffice.syspac.com wrote:

>5 HP High Pressure Blower   349.95
>New, features a Paxton belt driven centrifugal blower RM87(similar to
>an automotive supercharger)  5 Hp TEFC two speed motor.
>Specs
>400 cfm   29 inches of water discharge pressure
>3 1/2 inlet    3" outlet

>Surplus Center
>1-800-488-3407  24 hrs a day 7 days a week
>1015 West "O" St.  PO Box 82209 Lincoln Nebraska 68501-2209
>402-474-4055    FAX 402-474-5198

WOW, guys, I just got through researching this, and this same blower is
both a current Paxton product, as well as sells for $2,325 new! They
seem to be IDEAL for a flow bench blower. The downside of course is that
they have 3-phase motors, but at 5HP, you wouldn't wanna have to pay the
cost of a single-phase motor anywhoo. So, I took the plunge and just
ordered one. Excellent find, Bob. I owe ya major brewski's for this one!

The other REAL nice thang about using a single blower like this, is that
the total noise is gonna be WAY less, not to mention not having to build
a bloody plenum/air box to hold the multiple smaller vacuum/blower
motors. NEAT!  All I do is plumb the intake and exhaust lines up to the
stand, for a place to hook them up to the "head adapter" and presto,
flow bencho!

Gar

P.S. Crumbs, now I have to switch gears and look into computer
controllable 3-phase motor speed controllers. (they're a tad more
complicated than simple thyristor AC/DC controllers, but definitely
diy'able). Sheesh, too many technologies, too little time.