Ford MAF

H. J. Zivnak bztruck at email.msn.com
Mon May 11 17:56:30 GMT 1998

According to Chas. Probst (Ford Fuel Injection and EEC) the vane air flow in
the 1.8L is different from any other Ford VAF sensor in that the output
voltage drops as air flow increases. Voltage should be 4 volts closed, aprox
0.5 volts open. He says this is similar to the early L-Jetronic. The Ford
MAF (up to 93 at least) should output 0.2v idling to 1.5v max, engine
running, or 0.7v key on engine off. Also, the Ford MAF runs on a hot wire
temperature differential of 200 C while the Bosch differential is 100 C and
the hotwire is in a bypass not centrally mounted like the Bosch.
I hope this helps. Joe