Moto Pressure Sensors

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Fri May 15 17:32:52 GMT 1998

On Fri, 15 May 1998 10:13:30 -0400, Chris Conlon <synchris at ricochet.net>
wrote:

>They're pretty close to that now. The spec on the MPX4200A is +/- 1.5%
>of full scale, over 0c to 85c. If you control the temperature, the
>accuracy is a bit better. Also a lot of this error comes from the
>slight nonlinearity of the sensor itself, it reads high in the middle
>of it's range and low on the ends. You can compensate for this
>somewhat without even having to calibrate each specific unit (see
>App Note 935, in the sensor data book DL200/D rev 3), and perhaps
>do even a bit better if you have a reference to calibrate against.

Hi Chris.

Yeah, the accuracy is quite good on those higher pressure devices. Just
seems to be harder to get that good on the ones that operate way down on
the water column, sotaspeak.

Thanks for the tip on the AppNote though. Excellent point on the source
of the overall FS accuracy figure. With not too much trouble, I can NOW
see how you really could get 1%FS accuracy, so I'm set. Great!

Anyone else interested in this issue, I dunno if their online copy of
the appnote is as current as the rev 3 data book, but it's at:
	http://mot-sps.com/books/apnotes/pdf/an935rev1dx.pdf
If anyone knows exactly the trail of crumbs to follow to see a
description of all the AppNotes found here:
	http://mot-sps.com/books/html/apnotes_index.html
I'd sure love to know about it.

>Anyway I've been having a blast with them and think they're great.
>I'll try Newark next time I need more.

I LOVE Newark; their selection of semi stuff is second to none, you can
always find out what and even how many of something they truly have in
stock, their search engine's a breeze (especially if you select "other
search options"), their order minimum via a bank card is $25, they have
always processed my internet orders the next day, and then sent the
stuff out 2nd-day air (std. on electronic orders), all at a reasonable
shipping price, so that I get my stuff usually 3 days after I order it.
And that ain't bad.

Gar