CDI and programmable Ignition in Oz

Graham, Peter Peter.Graham at dsto.defence.gov.au
Thu May 28 06:02:32 GMT 1998

Hi

According to the latest Silicon Chip June 98 there is a new version of
the Programmable Ignition available. (Original version was printed in
Silicon Chip in March &September 96 issues)

The latest software mod can either retard or advance the timing after
the second ramp. According to the letter it is to reduce the chances of
damage to turbo and LPG vehicles due to pinging/detonation at high RPM.

If anyone wants further info email me or read the full letter in Mailbag
in the June 98 Silicon Chip.

By the way, I don't have any connection to this design or the magazine,
just passing on what I have read.

Peter G.