Density of Gasoline?

Michael McBroom bodhi at earthlink.net
Sun May 31 18:40:35 GMT 1998

Hi folks,

After almost a year's hiatus, I've just resubscribed to diy_efi, hoping
to learn at the laps of the masters :)

At the moment, though, I'm trying to determine new injector sizes for a
Bosch EFI system, and as I search out information on the topic, I am
continually confronted with injectors rated in lb/hr, whereas the Bosch
ones are rated in ml/min.  Well, I need to convert back and forth from
ml/min to lb/hr, so I need a reasonably accurate density figure for
gasoline.  From what I understand, however, this number can vary.  So .
. . is there a commonly accepted number for this, or . . . ?

--
Best,

Michael McBroom