Autronics controller

Steve Lamb lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au
Thu Nov 12 23:36:27 GMT 1998

>     Has anyone used this controller?????I have one here and the
>software...have just started peering at it....Is there a book available from
>this company?,,,,are they on the net????does anyone know where they are
>from??????TIA

I haven't used one myself, but I know a couple of people that have and the
impressions are generally very good.  Generally regarded as being about
equivalent to Motec systems in quality.  In fact, Autronic was started by
one of the original founders of Motec...after he left, of course !!

There is some info on the net, try:

www.qonline.com.au/~jewels/autronic.htm

Rumour has it that Autronic are about to release a new range of ecm's which
will have as one of their features a 'self learning' capability which
(supposedly) will dramatically reduce they amount of dyno time for tuning.
Presumably this means you can set a desired A/F ratio and the ecm will
'adjust' itself to this setting depending on load.  And, yes, before anyone
says it, this does sound a bit like a more sophisticated version of the
BLM's used by Delco systems.......

Steve Lamb
Department of Defence, DSTO
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC 3207 Australia

Tel: +61 3 9626 7525
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089