7747.ecu

steve ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Tue Nov 17 20:22:55 GMT 1998

BIGED2022 at aol.com wrote:

> Hello all you smart people!
> I'm new at this so hang on.
> I'm learning about the 747 ecm and prom tables for my 90 GMC.  I have found
> and downloaded Promedit and learning how to use it.  So far the most complete
> *.ecu file I have found is 7747.ecu (I forgot where I got it).    I assume
> that the information in this .ecu file was painstakingly added piece by piece
> through trial and error. Question is: does anyone know of a more complete .ecu
> file and how reliable is this ecu file?  I am ready to start tinkering but
> scared until I find out more.  Bruce,  in your tuning tips I get the idea that
> you didn't have the location of all the tables when you did your tuning that
> you refer in Tuning Tips. Is that right? If so how did you do it?
> If anyone can steer me closer please do so.  I still got lotsa questions
> Thanks !
> Eddie

Eddie, the 747.ecu file contains (AFAIK) everything that the list knows
about the '747.  It's true that not all the tables are known, but enough
are that it can be set up for most any engine.  There is plenty to be
discovered still in the prom image, only a small percentage of all the
data space is figured out.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet