1228747 vs. 1227747 GM Computer

EFISYSTEMS at aol.com EFISYSTEMS at aol.com
Wed Nov 25 07:26:47 GMT 1998

Hi Folks,
      I was looking at a '90 SS454 the other day and noticed it had a 8747
computer and was curious of the chip so I took it out and was comparing it to
the 747.....it uses a 2732 chip like the 747 and checksum location and alot of
addresses were either the same or very close by......didn't get a chance to
look at the code changes though(if any)....Have any of you had an opportunity
to look at this??????Did they(GM) just remove the drivers for the lockup
convertor and rename the computer????Thanks,
-Carl Summers