1226867 stuff

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Fri Oct 2 09:07:02 GMT 1998

"Stowe, Ted-SEA" <StowT at PerkinsCoie.com> wrote:
> ah, would anyone happen to have a gm prom, a 1228360 ? that they would like
> to sell, swap etc ?  '85 2.0 sunbird, manual trans , no ac ?
>
> the list gm price today is 125.00 , not including tax.

I've e-mailed Ted six different 1226867 PROM dumps.  They are CRJ3869,
DJU4085, HDU0552, HDW0557, HTD5293, and HTL4811.  Ted already has the
DJU.  The HDU and HDW are from 1985 2.0's, the HTD is from an '86.  I
didn't keep track of any more info.

The 1985/86 2.0 J-cars are flooding the junkyards, at least around
here.  A few hours spent wandering around should yield a PROM from a
manual car.  Bring a 10mm box wrench, a 7mm socket, a 1/4 inch socket,
and a flat screwdriver/prying device.  The J-cars should have one of
three transaxles: the GM "Muncie" 4 speed manual, the Isuzu 5 speed
manual, or the THM125 3 speed auto.  Most will probably have the auto.
The quickest way to identify (and skip) the autos is to look into the
engine bay at the driver's side.  The THM125 has an "oil pan" on the
end/side.  If you see shiny stamped steel, it is an auto, and time to
move on.

Steve Ravet <steve.ravet at arm.com> wrote:
> Ted, according to Ludis' homepage, that ECM is a C3 ECM with serial
> pinout on pin C6.  Therefore, it should have the 160 baud ALDL stream.

The C6 pin is where the mask ROM dumper sends it's output.  That's
normally an IAC output.  The 160 baud ALDL output should be on pin A8,
just like a 1227747.  (The '6867 is almost just an older '7747.)