Learning to type.... (was Re: Programming 101 web page)

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Tue Oct 13 19:21:02 GMT 1998

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Bruce Plecan wrote:

> [...]

I sound car will sample 44khz, which should put it easily able
to accurately measure ms range pulses accurately.  Put some OPAMPS to
buffer the inputs and maybe scale things reasonably, and I think
there is some software to make the sound card act as a simple low
frequency oscope, if not, contact me, and it should not be that
difficult to write a simple piece of software to do that sort of
thing.  I have writtem some simple sound card stuff, just not
recently but it was fairly straightforward.

With 44khz assumeing about 10khz bandwidth that should get things
easily down to .1 ms, if you have 20khz bandwidth that should
put things down around .05 or so.  Probably .1ms should be easily
workable, but of course I have not yet tried this sort of thing.

				Roger